Tuesday, December 07, 2010

THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT AND THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP

I want to personally thank Mr. Obama and the leaders of the Republican Party for extending my much-needed tax breaks. I'm certain that I speak not just for myself, but for all the other CEO's and executives and Wall Street money managers who's life style was threatened by the proposed ending of our cherished George W. Bush tax cuts. Now we can breathe a collective sigh of relief, and continue to stimulate the economy with our spending.

As a CEO, I make a modest $20 million a year, certainly not as much as many of my colleagues, but with a variety of stock options and other perks, I do OK. The gracious extension of the Bush tax cuts for me and my friends will keep me from paying an additional 4% on my income tax, amounting to a savings of $800,000 out of my annual salary. I'm anxious to go out and spend that money, and do my part for the economy. I think the first thing I'll do is buy a few more Mercedes cars for my family - I love that German engineering. And we've been thinking about another small vacation home in Spain, because we're getting a bit tired of always going to the ones we have in Italy, France and the Virgin Islands. The folks in Spain will be very appreciative of how the money we'll spend will boost their local economy. My wife and daughters will love going on a shopping spree for clothes in Paris, and my sons have been nagging me to do some yachting in the Mediterranean. Which reminds me, some of that extra cash will go for some new interior decorating in a couple of our yachts; there's a terrific place in Nice, France I've heard about that does great work.

So thank you Mr. President, Mr. McConnell, Mr. Boehner and Mr. Cantor; thank you for your wise governing that will allow me and my family, and our many friends, to keep our hard-earned millions and continue to use it to boost the economies of countries around the world.

Your friend,
John. Q. C. Eyo

P.S. the campaign donation check is in the mail

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan Radmacher11:47 AM, December 07, 2010

    Like a good Reagan Republican, I'm sure you'll give lots of that $800,000 to charities

    ReplyDelete

Twitter