Friday, November 11, 2016

POST-ELECTION GATHERING NOVEMBER 12, 1PM

POST-ELECTION GATHERING
NOVEMBER 12, 2016
1PM for an hour or so.      Laurelhurst Park (see map)

Friends and family: many of us are reeling from the election results this week. I have a need to gather with like-minded people simply to talk. So I am inviting everyone to meet tomorrow for a short time just to touch in.

Facebook doesn't do it for me. I need to shake your hand, give you a hug, talk to you face-to-face, and meet people I don't know yet. What I have in mind is simple and not structured: no speeches, no rants, no signs, no marching, no disrupting of traffic - instead, people-to-people conversations. What are we feeling? How can we support each other and all of our neighbors? What are we each thinking in terms of how to move forward, what political actions to take? What organizations are we already aligned with that are doing good work? How do we communicate and build progressive community? 

I have no specific expectations for this gathering, I just want to talk to people. 

If you feel the same need, or have an interest in this, please stop by; I will be there.

It might rain a bit, so I will bring some umbrellas. I will also bring a few folding chairs for those of us who can't stand for long. Please bring the same if you want. 

Thanks, and I hope to see you there. Maybe we can start a trend that is real, not virtual. 

Tip: street parking on or south of Oak Street is the easiest access into the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter