Friday, December 10, 2004

A Break from Politics

My several posts to date as a blogger have been political rants (or ravings?). But there's more to life than that. Sure, it's not easy to avoid the news, which tends to focus on the bad things in the world, But there are a lot of things to enjoy and savor in life - the love of my life, our grandkids, the smell and feel of a warm and wet "Pineapple Express" weather pattern blowing into Portland, the nice smiles and warm greetings of people I don't know but pass on the boulevard, a new book of poetry, thinking about paddling my kayak on a winter river, the warm cozyness of a quiet evening by the fireplace (gas).

Enjoy life, you only get one trip aroundthe track.

1 comment:

  1. Paul forgot to mention music, theater, travel and good food all offer joy to living.

    Paul is the love of my life, and I hope that together we can continue to contribute to the healing of this beautiful world full of much potential and needing hope to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter